Monday 17 November 2008

White House.....

It's no secret that I love using white in my interiors. For me, it's just such an illuminating backdrop - the perfect base on which to layer some lovely colour. I particularly like white in the kitchen - it's just so fresh. Combining it with textured materials, such as timbers and tumbled tile work prevents white from looking overly clinical. And adding just a hint of your fave colour (here a lovely sage green is the perfect accompaniment) and you have a palette to die for.... 

4 comments:

Pineapple Villa said...

That would have to be pretty close to my perfect room. Am in love with the scrolly chairs. Have some myself that need painting and had not thought of doing them in a colour so might experiment soon. Mel xx

Anonymous said...

This kitchen is exactly the kind that I love Shannon - it's so pretty and clean looking. Perfect.
Karen

Anonymous said...

love, love, love.

Rumour has it said...

Great kitchen and very nice and interesting pictures all over your blog! Thank you very much. I had first to go to Poland (Ikka´s Daydreams) to discover your pages... :)
I´ll be back, but I wish you already now merry Christmas and lovely Decemberdays!
Greetings from Belgium, Marjolijn