Tuesday 18 November 2008

Could This Be My Perfect Home...






I'm just completely in love with Rockridge, a romantic 1940s villa situated in idyllic Palm Beach Australia. It's sandstone and timber construction is typical of what you'll find around those parts - and the view? Well, completely to die for. However, I think it's the interiors that really do it for me. Simultaneously grand and relaxed, each space just looks so cozy and lived in. The great thing about Rockridge is that you can rent it out for your holidays - a kind of try before you buy situation perhaps! In my next life maybe!!! And my dreams!


7 comments:

Romana said...

no Shannon, it is "my" perfect home, lol! gorgeous! thanks for posting :)

Pineapple Villa said...

Isnt it wonderful?? I grew up not far from Palm Beach and saw that house recently in a book about Coastal homes. I think one of these days i am going to save up and stay there! That would definitely rate in my top 5 of dream homes! Mel xxx

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I'm totally moving in with you. Beautiful home!

mondocherry said...

Lots to love here. I would love to stumble across some pews like those!
Clare

Unknown said...

Oh that mermaid coffee table is just lovely!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

The name is so romantic. What a position! I would love to sit on the deck and read a book there. It's really beautiful Speaking of 1940s home, the only reason I would see Australia the movie is for Catherine Martins sets. The photos Ive seen of the set look beautiful!

Duyvken said...

You'll have to arm wrestle me for it because that looks like my perfect home!