Saturday 29 November 2008

Bravo Carolina....





I've been in love with Carolina Herrera Jnr's style for a long time now. It is so grand, but at the same time has a lovely earthy quality which makes it modern and fresh. I think that it is the combination of opulent antiques coupled with warm, rusty colours and textured fabrics that creates this unique feeling. And also the sense of casualness that she imbues into every nook and cranny through her use of detailing and things like family photographs. It's a rare combination. And a beautiful one to boot.


8 comments:

an angel at my table said...

I found you through "absolutely beautiful things" blog. I have spent the past hour looking at your fantastic blog I love finding people who has the same taste as your self. I have to have a look at your books!!! Having lived in Melbourne for three and a half years I love the rough Australian style.

All the best from Sweden

vicki archer said...

I love her blackboard, inspiration board - fantastic. xv

Ness Lockyer said...

I agree Vicki. Love that board. BTW Shannon, I have challenged you! Details are on my blog.
Ness xx

Brown Button Trading said...

Oh Carolina!! - This is the best post I have seen in like, forever. LOVE her style, I want this place, now! I have seen the bathroom/dressing room before, thanks for showing me the rest! xx

Velvet and Linen said...

Doesn't she have wonderful style?
I love her bathroom/closet. The oversized mirror is fantastic.

xo
Brooke

Anonymous said...

I love her place Shannon, it is so eclectic and she is beautiful - as is her mother.
Karenx

manon 21 said...

ce tableau noir est sympa.
votre blog aussi!
manon

Unknown said...

Oh! I love it! I've had a cutting on my board of the photo of her in her house since... I can't remember when! So long I kind of stopped seeing it! Thanks for reminding me of it!