Monday 22 February 2010

My Heart's All A Flutter...



How could it not be - when I'm gazing at such beauty. Home's that are all in white with a splatter of pale blue or mint green are just the most beautiful of all. They have a lightness of being - a joyful spirit. They're easy going, no fuss, go-with-the-flow kinds of spaces. Just the kind that I love living in.

The clock has been ticking for me lately! In a decorating kind of way, of course... You see, my first 'How To Decorate' Workshop is almost upon us. On 12th March, I have 20 lovely ladies descending on my hometown of Bangalow for a day of decorating and creativity. The workshops are being held at The Little Cottage - my studio workshop right in the middle of town. And so, Nicky (my trusty offsider) and I have been working furiously to make the cottage as pretty as it can be for our guests. And a palette of blue and mint green - just like the colours in these pics - is exactly what I've been using to infuse the cottage with a sense of light heartedness and joy. We've been having a ball, Nicky and I. Painting furniture, hanging fabrics, stringing bunting, devising menus for our lovely ploughman's lunch. Ah, such fun! Now, don't think that you guys are going to miss out - there'll be pics on the way. In fact, you'll be shocked by the transformation! But those will have to wait for another day. In the meantime, there's flowers to be potted and prettiness to be hung...

pics from Country Living

11 comments:

laura may said...

I love the fresh feel of those photos. Lovely post!

lm.x

Porchlight Interiors said...

Sounds delightful...looking forward to seeing the after pics! Tracey xx

Tina said...

What gorgeous images Shannon! Wish I could have made it to the workshop in March, but am excited about seeing your transformation pics ~ thanks for sharing.~ Tina x

Ange said...

Palpatations are definitely the order of the day after looking at those images! After putting so much effort into your workshop you are bound to reap the rewards.
Angex

Pineapple Villa said...

couldnt have said it better myself! those type of rooms and schemes definitely make me swoon. Mel xx

the old boathouse said...

Ahhh I am so jealous of those ladies who will be joining you...such fun. How lovely are you going to all that trouble!! Can't wait for the pics, cheers Katherine

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Hi Shannon! Very nice to meet you! I totally agree with what you have written on your profile about the way you decorate your home having an influence on your life! I'm slowly changing my house to this soothing & calming style with lots of white & soft accent colors..

The photo you have posted are from a Designer that lives in the same county in Maryland (USA) as me.. Carrie Raphael.. She does such Beautiful work!

Your Workshop sounds like so much Fun!!

I signed up as a follower so I will be back again soon to visit!

Blessings ~ Teresa

Unknown said...

such eyecandy here! the gardens! and yes, i love these ethereal white rooms too...

Alison Gibbs said...

Beautiful photos - serene
Alison

BUCLE said...

Me encanta pasar por tu blog.-

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

So jealous of all those attending your March workshop! I am hoping to try and sign up for one later in the year....

Oh - and one more thing Shannon, did you know Anthropologie is now shipping to Australia?!