Thursday 29 April 2010

What A Thrill...




I'm constantly inspired by the extraordinary people who live in Bali - there is an enormous collection of talent to be found hiding up in there in those hills. And Marcello and Michela from Gaya Ceramics are no exception. I was thrilled to meet with this gorgeous Italian couple who made their way from Italy 9 years ago to set up the Gaya Ceramic factory and design room. Now, you all know how much I love my ceramics - and so to spend time with the designers who create works for none other than Casa Armani, Donna Karan and my idol, Paola Navone was a treat but moreover a complete inspiration. If you do make it to the hills up around Ubud then it's definately worth taking a trip to Gaya (the art gallery, ceramic space and gelato bar!!!). Thank you M & M for your hospitality and generosity - I'll be back!
The pic above is of Michela (Michi) - and the wonderful animation you see in her face is reflected in her beautiful designs and creations...

2 comments:

vicki archer said...

I wish I were heading to Bali.....one of my favourite destinations back in my Australian days. Glad you had a great time Shannon, xv.

Carousel Dreams said...

Thanks for sharing Shannon - our family is returning to Bali in September, and my girlfriend and I are planning a shopping trip to Ubud, so all your suggestions are a great help!