Monday 19 April 2010

Pretty Plates All In A Row (or Two)...

Well, you know how much I love a plate! Why? Well, I can't describe the fascination for such things... Perhaps it is simply the excitement at the possibility of the food that will served upon them! Or maybe, that they are an art form of the user-friendly variety. You see, I do love my artworks to have a dual purpose - so that I can interact with them in a tactile way rather than arranging them on a wall or a pedestal for distant adoration purposes only! How beautiful to pick up a bowl, or a goblet - to touch and caress it. Or, for that piece of beauty to support the food that ensures your very survival. In this way, art becomes an active participant in our lives. And this is how I like my art to be. It's an inexpensive way to infuse our lives with beautiful things And I'm a big believe that beauty should be for everyone. And so, I offer you this gorgeous arrangement of plates today (from Anthropologie, of course!) - to give you a little beauty upon which to gaze...



5 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love plates too. Either on the table, on the wall, or in great stacks somewhere. A wonderful post! Lidy

Clare Carter said...

My mother kindly lugged some of these home from London for me a little while ago.As soon as Nathalie Lete started collaborating with Anthropologie I knew it would be good!! Her rugs are divine too.Actually everything she does : ) Nice picture.I drove past your house the other day.Always thought you would be up on that hill as it is where i would be if i could.Must be spectacular views!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a beautiful way to display such pretty plates.
Alison

Unknown said...

Ah, I have been eyeing those plates at Anthropologie for the longest time (maybe 3 or 4 years) but never realized it until you posted about them. They are precious and so lovely and heavy--they are built to last a lifetime (as long as you don't drop them). Hope you are having a wonderful Monday Shannon!

xo Mary Jo

Amy Antlers said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the idea - if only I had nicer walls (ie. not beige) to hang them on.