Sunday 11 April 2010

Another Birthday Girl...




Can you believe that it's 10 years since INside Out came into our lives? I remember well the first edition edited by the wonderful and talented Karen McCartney (who is still at the helm today). I'd never seen a magazine quite like it before. It's aesthetic and view were unique - inspirational yet cozy - forward thinking yet comfortable. It resonated with me in a way that no other magazine did at the time. I was overjoyed when I was asked by Karen if the magazine could profile my house in Watsons Bay for the second edition (do you remember that one?). It signified the launch of a whole new career for me - for which I will be forever grateful to the Karen and team. 10 years on - I'm proud to say that I am still associated with this lovely mag. And was honoured to have be asked to contribute an artwork for their 10 year anniversary art auction - with all of the proceeds going to the HeartKids Charity. I've been furiously bidding on a few pieces myself - as the line-up is quite stunning - Akira Isogawa, David Bromley, Lee Matthews, Karen McCartney, Tracy Lines, Megan Park just to name a few. If you're interested in bidding then head here.

Happy Birthday Inside Out! You don't look a day older!

Here's my contribution - called 'Free Range'. I've been having a lovely time collaborating with ceramicist Lucy Vanstone on a new range of Shannon Fricke homewares which have been gently finding their way into the marketplace over the last month. These are my colour and pattern test pieces - of which I have strung together and hung on some lovely cream linen. I've had an absolute ball creating the range - and these pieces are one-offs. So if you like them, bid away - all of the proceeds go to the kids...

1 comment:

julie said...

Yes indeed. Happy Birthday Inside Out. I still have every copy Shannon, so I went off to check out your home in Issue 2. Aww, how cute is little Inez! Your first home was just lovely.
Jx