Sunday 28 September 2008

Words of Wearstler....


'When I sit down to create a space I just do what I feel. I don't look at trends; I just follow my heart. You have to be a bit of a free spirit to do this sort of work, you have to leave room for change because things never work out as you plan them. If you say 'I have to find this kind of chair' you'll never finish! You have to say 'I'm going to find stuff that's beautiful' and bring it all together like a painting.

Thanks to Domino magazine for bringing us these lovely words from Kelly Wearstler. This is what decorating is all about....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky are you guys who get to have this exciting career!

Anonymous said...

such an inspiring post!

sharing Tori Dixon-Whittle (A Day on Earth):

if we consider luxury and its offshoots to be the inessential but delightful things in life, then i would say that my luxuries - beautiful art and furniture, inspiring conversation and company, tantalising food and the like provide a richness of spirit which allows me to create and transcend the mundane..........

Ness Lockyer said...

I agree. Love the story board. Shannon, I have just posted a few pics of the new shop I am looking at to open our homewares store in...I would love to get your opinion of it if you have the time. Thanks, Ness xx

Shannon Fricke said...

Hi Anonymous,
Thanks for sharing the beautiful Tori Dixon-Whittle quote - this is exactly what life is about for me.
sx

Shannon Fricke said...

Hi Ness,
have just left a comment on your post - love the shop - can't wait to visit it next time I'm in Tassie.
sx

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love that quote as well. I can't wait to get the new Domino magazine now. Shannon, your Blog is too distracting...
So many beautiful posts I want to comment on! I'm meant to be doing my French studies!

Shannon Fricke said...

Thanks Primrose,
How exciting that you're studying French - sigh - I used to be able to speak a bit of French - but it's been so long now I'm not sure that I'd know where to start.
sx