Tuesday 9 September 2008

A Colourful Life...

I received a comment from Primrose today alerting me to two great blogs - Vicki Archer's blog called French Essence - and photographer Carla Coulson's blog called Carla Loves Photography. Of course, I had to take a sticky beak (!) and look what I came across. Now I know that fashion photography is not what you'd normally find on this blog, but when the shots are by Patrick Demarchelier (taken for the new Pirelli calendar) and the colours and styling is so delicious, well I just had to share them. Inspiration for your interior can be found in many forms - and I particularly think that these photographs are a wonderful example of how to beautifully and effectively see how different colours work alongside each other. I hope that you find inspiration here too...






5 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Oh, aren't you a darling? I adore Carla's books and Blogs! I have to smile at your comments on magazines as I am seriously getting out of control with them. I have to hoard most of them up of course which is terrible but they provide so much good inspiration and reference. I love Inside Out, British Vogue and all the home interior ones, really. I bought Maison Francaise last night purely because Betsey Johnson's house was in it. I honestly spend a fortune on magazines! Couldn't care less about the celebrity gossip ones, however.
I was just on my way to The Paris Apartment Blog to mention your Blog to her as well.
xx

So Lovely said...

What beautiful blogs those are, including yours. They are all a breath of fresh air!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I'm not stalking you with a Blog mention a day but it would be remiss of me not to mention Di's Blog from the UK as another of my favourites.She's a glam, blonde designer who owns Ghost Furniture. She travels to France a lot and her site is a total inspiration! See, I'm so addicted, I'm trying to infect all! x
http://designersblock.blogspot.com/

Villa Anna said...

I was ecstatic when I found out Vicki Archer had started a blog - I Adore her book.

Did you know Rachel Ashwell - Shabby Chic has started a blog too? Thats very exciting also.

Those fashion photo's are definately a wonderful colour source of inspiration.

Anna :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Hello everyone,
Oooh yes, I'm in love Rachel Ashwell's blog - I love her style and wish that I had a separate cabin somewhere that I could fill to the brim with girly Shabby Chic bits and bobs. I'm afraid that the boys in my house would not be too happy if I started to infuse too many frills here. My Florence was a big enough ask!
sx