Friday 19 September 2008

La Belle Maison....












Well, I know that you all know how much I love all things French - and I'm particularly excited because I'm in the midst of planning a trip to France next year to celebrate turning the big four zero! As you can imagine, I'm spending every spare second doing my research on where to go and what to do - all the while getting myself into the French mood by checking out beautiful French interiors. This one is from Cote Sud - one of my fave Frenchy mags, and is situated somewhere in the South of France. I just love it's whitewashed walls and laid back feel- and the exterior shot just fills me with memories of my summer spent in the French countryside (many moons ago now). I hope these pics remind you of beautiful French summers too....


5 comments:

Ness Lockyer said...

They are gorgeous. What a way to celebrate your 40th!! Ness xx

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just discovered your blog - I thought I had already discovered them all since I am a real bloggaholic!! Yours joins my favourite. You are also very charming in your way with kind words.

Love from Biella (Italy's textile town) Ulrike

Villa Anna said...

Anything whitewashed and French for that matter grabs my attention. Cote Sud looks to be an amazing magazine even though I mostly view it online. This is a lovely relaxing home. All these trips to France this year and next by fellow blogging friends is making me insanely jealous lol.

Anna ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon, I have been enjoying your blog for some time now...thank you for posting such inspirational images and words.

I have a dilemma that I thought you may help me solve, as you are in the throws of renovations at present too. The main bathroom in the house also stores the toilet which is a pet hate of mine, however, we have decided to leave it as is for now. Do you have any ideas to cover it/privacy at all. The only solution I have considered is putting a mini brick wall in and tiling it perhaps?

See......H-E-L-P!!!

Thanks, Karen.

Shannon Fricke said...

Hi Karen,
It sounds to me like you're on the right track. The best way to deal with this situation is to put in a half wall - it doesn't need to be a brick wall - you can put in a gyrprock wall and tile directly onto that. Otherwise, you can gyprock and then do a plaster style finish - or a faux render.
Hope this helps
sx