Saturday 20 September 2008

Garden Days....


If there was one term that I would use to describe my style it would have to be 'relaxed'. Even though I love to use over the top wallpapers and colour in my interiors, what underpins every space that I decorate is the desire to create a relaxed and comfortable environment - the type that you can sink into, a place where you feel comfortable and right at home. An unpretentious space - that isn't always perfect. I guess that's why I love this pic so much. This outdoor space is intrinsically beautiful, without having to tamper with it too much. All that's required is a comfy table and chairs, some flowers from the garden and a cushion or two. Sometimes it is simple things that are required to be happy. To find peace and inner joy. And after all, isn't that what decoration is all about at its core - the desire for peace and joy. It couldn't be more simple than that...

2 comments:

Anna Spiro said...

I agree! This is beautiful!
xx
Anna

Anonymous said...

I wish that I was there now!