Friday 26 September 2008

Greek Days...

I think that Shirley Valentine had the right idea when she chose the Greek Islands as the place to play out her mid-life crisis! I mean, if you've lost yourself in a haze of nappies, school runs and chips and egg then it seems that the Greek Isles is a good a place as any from which to find your soul again! Long hazy days spent swimming in crystal blue waters - long nights eating lamb from the spit and drinking red wine - I know that when my mid-life hits (anytime now!) then I'll definately consider the virtues of Greece as my place of respite. I mean, who could ignore it's virtues - particularly when they come packaged with interiors like these. Note: surrounding oneself in a palette of green, blue and white is best in times of stress and confusion. Bring on the mid-life - and book me a ticket to Greece!






6 comments:

Villa Anna said...

My husband is Greek and after 16 years together we all finally had our first trip there last year. It is all that you described and more. My friends often ask if it's really as beautiful as it looks in "Mamma Mia" and I tell them it's ABSOLUTELY that beautiful.

Anna :)

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Hello from Canada! (where can I purchase your books here?) This post is lovely. The colour in Greece is alive. My daughter is about to spend a week there. I also thought you'd like my new header! Come on over to my place to see it!

Anastasia said...

so beautiful!! the light on the islands is unbelievable...heaven on earth!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Yes, I think I need to book at ticket right now! Actually the South of France would do nicely as well. I've never been to Greece but definitely think I need to!

Shannon Fricke said...

Oh I can't wait to go to Greece - I've never been but everyone says that it's just divine. Oh course, after seeing Mamma Mia, I imagine that the locals just sing their days away.
sx

Shannon Fricke said...

Hi Liberty Post,
You can find my books on www.amazon.co.uk or via my website www.shannonfricke.com. Thanks for asking!
sx