Sunday 31 January 2010

A Shabby Chic Kind of Sunday...





Oh, I do love Rachel Ashwell and her Shabby Chic kind of life...
It's so real, so natural and oh, so, so pretty!
I find that looking at Rachel's books is an opportunity to access the girly side of life - that which is pretty, playful and pink! I particularly love her latest book - Shabby Chic Interiors - My Rooms, Treasures and Trinkets and have spent this weekend absorbed in it's lovely pages... Have you seen it? It showcases her new home - complete with outdoor barn - and the home's of some of her gorgeously, creative friends. Like that of Amy Neunsinger - the talented gal behind the pics you see in all of Rachel's books. Amy's home is a lovely link between clean lines and Shabby Chic prettiness and is just the kind of place that I could see myself living in. Here's some pics from the book to inspire you on Sunday...

13 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I'm a Rachel Ashwell fan too, have nearly her entire collection of fabrics. Have you seen her mirrored tall boy in a bedroom, divine!! Love Posie

Tina said...

Oh thanks for the sneak peak into Rachel's new book Shannon! I have all of her other books but have not yet bought this one. It looks like I will be hitting the book store this week:) Enjoy your lovely book. - Tina.

Anna White said...

Oh Lordy lord..I am Frickle Tickled today...these images are just divine...I will be sure to check out Rachels books.....I especially love the last image of the studio...an space that I can easily imagine myself working in. Great post Shannon x

susanne said...

I love Rachel's sense of pure style and easy living and the colors.....are ice creamy. We love her here in Florida too with our hot summers.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Rachel's rooms are always so fresh and so pretty. I really want to live in one of them (any one of them!!) when i grow up.

jules

Pineapple Villa said...

Hi Shannon - i must pull out my copy for some relaxing reading, it really is so lovely. I just bought the latest (us) House Beautiful which features Amy's house - just lovely, hopefully you can find a copy down your way. Mel xxx

the spectator said...

All of her books are lovely. And you're right, the photography plays such an important role. Each photo in her latest book are so - what I can only describe as - luscious.

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

Not my style but I still love looking at these images and would love to be in these rooms to indulge my girly side for a while.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I like! I haven't seen her stuff before, but I can tell I would love them! Great pictures...
:)

cathypentonatelier said...

Oh you inspired me to go and buy a copy on Amazon.....Lovely images!!! C xxx

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I recently found your blog and love your philosophy. Coming home to a wonderfully decorated space helps to end one's day on a more positive note. I will definitely be coming back for inspiration! Thank you!

red ticking said...

rachel is amazing and amy captures her vibe so well... wonderful combination.... hope you had a great weekend... x pam

Villa Anna said...

I just love love love that Shabby Chic!

Anna :)