Monday 11 January 2010

In Full Colour...

It's crazy, I know, but I like to begin each year thinking about my life, my hopes and desires, in the way one would decide on a  colour palette for their home. How do I want to feel in my life in 2010? What would I like to achieve? Is the year to be filled with adventures and travels (in which case a palette of red (energy) and orange (creativity) could be the go), would I like to begin a new business (purple for intuition) or maybe a palette of blues and greens (to promote calm and clarity) is exactly what I need. As many of you will have read in my last post - this year for me is all about trying to instill a sense of peace within, with the hope of fortifying my spirit, concentrating on the things that are most important and moving ahead with focus. And so, my palette of blues of greens (those which I am already living with) are just perfect for me right now.
However, as you know, I'm in the process of getting The Little Cottage, my studio workshop primed and organised for my upcoming 2010 workshops - and so I'll be extending the colour palette that I have used up in the farm to the workshop as well. Although, perhaps a little more mint and a little less teal to ensure that the space is perky enough to see us through the day. I hope to have some pics to post you soon. Watch this space...


pic from homelife

8 comments:

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

Happy New Year Shannon, I'm looking forward to seeing your handiwork in the studio!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Shannon, i think you'll be pleased with Pantone's colour of 2010!!

I posted it about it earlier over at my blog. The colour will suit you to a T :)

jules

c l e v e + m a r i e said...

Very much looking forward to your workshops later in the year :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. Jules, I think this colour was made just for me!
sx

beachvintage.com said...

Welcome home Shannon. Sounds like you had a wonderful break.

Cassandra said...

What a really lovely post. Thanks so much. Your books are on my worktable permanently - a great source of inspiration, and how I wish I was in Australia to come to your workshops - how do we get you to London!

the old boathouse said...

Ahh the chair ~ so inspiring!!

Unknown said...

i love that picture of the chair w/the peacock print! divine!
happy new year shannon!