Monday 25 January 2010

Magic Shoes...








Tea parties, cakes and presents tied with pretty pink ribbons.... These are a few of my favourite things! And just as a delicate china teacup can transport you to another world - so can a pretty pair of shoes. Magic shoes... the kind that make you feel as though you are living a different life for a while. These days, my shoe attire mostly consists of Indian flip flops or Wellington boots (what with being a farm/beach girl and al!) - but occasionally, there's nothing more lovely than popping on a pretty pair  of shoes like these and to fly off to a land filled with princesses, cups of tea and pretty tuille dresses... Ah Magic Shoes... take me there a while...




Pic from Anthropolgie (that magical place...)

12 comments:

Mez said...

Gorgeous pic, so cute, my girls love shoes especially ones with heels!!They have a huge range in their dressups box and the collection is still growing....

Angela Furlong said...

Oh I'm in total agreement with you on the magical effect of beautiful shoes... as a stylist too I run around all day in flats but find that as soon as I pop a pair of party shoes on I'm a totally different girl!

(but there's something to be said for the comfort of flip flops)

x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous image, it really evokes so many different emotions... Childhood fairytales spring to mind.
:)

Kylie @ All Things Lovely said...

What a beautiful pic... And a side note, why aren't Anthropologie here? I'm sure my life would be eleventy billion times better if they were!

Tina said...

Hi Shannon - first time commenter but long-time admirer here:) I love those shoes! My 'magical shoes' are my pointe shoes that I used during my years of ballet...I have kept a large collection of them and they certainly transport me back to a magical time in my life. Love your blog and this post. Happy Australia Day to you - Tina :)

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Lovely image shannon! After ten years on a farm in boots all day, i too have a thing (code for:bordering on unhealthy habit) for gorgeous shoes. They really do change everything!!

jules

Robyn said...

There is a link on your blog list to renovation planning and it might not be what you expected.

beachvintage.com said...

Just to daydream for awhile and prance in the hills with these.

Gosia said...

Yes, the image is just too lovely to leave it without a word. I'm a first-time commenter, too, but I admire your work tremendously. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful picture.

Shannon Fricke said...

Oooh... yes Robyn - I see what you mean!!! Looks like the lovely Alex over at Renovation Planning as been corrupted!! And so I've removed her until she's cleaned up her act!

Shannon Fricke said...

And Welcome Tina and Gosia,
I hope you like the blog...
And THANK YOU to all my other regular commenters - it's so lovely to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me...
sx

ANETTESHUS.COM said...

What a lovely photo!! The shoes are just beautiful!!

Anette - Norway:)
xx

p.s. love your blog!!