Thursday 5 June 2008

Introducing Isobel...

I thought that it was about time that introduce you to my 'third child' - Isobel the Spoodle! Isn't she gorgeous! For those who don't know the spoodle breed - they are mix of cocker spaniel and poodle (Isobel is a mini-poodle) and I think that in the US they are called a cockapoo? Isobel is such a lovely dog - with a beautiful, but slightly nutty - nature. She just loves living here up at the farm, where she spends her days rounding up the cattle, fending off the brown snakes and keeping Stella, my 18 year old stock horse, company. Here, she is helping me plant out the vege patch (which, by the way, is growing beautifully with all this rain). Soon we'll have winter veges a plenty. How wonderful!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isobel is so cute! I love your farm by the way. It has been a dream of me to live on a farm but land here in The Netherlands is very expensive (as it is such a small country). We are in the process of buying a small, renovated farmhouse with a large garden (no farmland) so your post about your farm and garden are very welcome!

Villa Anna said...

Isobel is adorable. I have a shepherd but I'm pretty sure my next dog will be some kind of poodle cross. They all look like teddy bears :)

Your farm is so green! It's stunning! Good luck with your vege patch. There's nothing nicer than the satisfaction of growing fresh vege's yourself. I came home with about 6 beautiful butternut and jap pumpkins from my dads. YUM!

Anna :)

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Adorable! I have an old boy who looks a little like Isobel. He is called Mr Scruffy x