Saturday 7 June 2008

Cruden Farm...

Whilst on the subject of gardens - this is one of my faves - Cruden Farm in Victoria. Although I've never visited, I've been vicariously roaming the landscape through the pages of the book - A Garden of a Lifetime - which follows Dame Elisabeth Murdoch's (yes mum to Rupert) own passion and personal gardening journey. As with most gardens of this scale and grandeur, it has taken a lifetime to create and perfect and still, as with all gardens, it is a work in progress. I love the colour shown here and the way that the foliage connects so seamlessly with the grand nature of the homestead. One day, I would love my garden to feel a little like this one - although, we are quite a few decades away from this kind of achievement. However, having planted some gardenia's and a couple of Little Gem magnolia's we are but a baby step closer. Oh gardening, I love it so....


No comments: