Saturday 25 October 2008

Byron Glamour....




Decorating a house is never a quick process - nor should it be, I feel. For me, it's the houses that have evolved slowly and with thought and care that are the most interesting around. So far, it's taken me about a year to collect and put together the basics that are forming the foundation of my own home. Finding just the right pieces to add to my ensemble of furniture is what makes the whole thing fun and interesting and so I love to take my time to ensure that the bits and bobs that I do add to my interior are really meant to be there - and that I love every single thing that makes its way through my front door. This is why, I am just so completely in love with these gorgeous bucket chairs that have just found a spot in my lounge room. They are just so perfect. Laid-back and natural looking (made out of twisted brown paper and then sprayed in Dulux White on White) but still architectural and a little cutting edge - what with the winged backs and all. They are just such a beautiful addition to this space and match back so well with the old sofa that I had recovered in peacock green velvet six months ago. I call this look Byron Glamour - with just enough razzamatazz to be fun and quirky, but not too much that it takes away from the humble essence of the house as a whole. Love, love, love...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm busting to see the end result of all your hard work....

Shannon Fricke said...

Thanks Barb,
Thankfully - the new chairs are settling in beautifully here and add a whole new dimension to our little lounge room. sx

Kathleen said...

Looks like they are not only beautiful but sustainable too...can't get over they are made with "twisted brown paper" ...is that wrapped around metal ...what gives it its strength?

Velvet and Linen said...

Great choice.
It is so surprising that they are made out of paper!
I love how you paired your chairs with the velvet pillow.
Just lovely.

Brooke