Tuesday 1 March 2011

Decor8s Decorate


I'm simply busting out of my skin to see Holly Beckers new book - Decorate - which has hit the shelves overseas and soon to be released here. I'm so proud to say that Holly is one of my blogging friends - and such a great gal at that. She never fails to inspire us with her news and views over at Decor8 - and I'm so happy that she has finally released her book to the world. There's something quite wonderful about writing a book. It is such a large commitment of time and energy - you literally throw yourself into the deep end and cross fingers you make it out the other side (I say as I frantically type away on my keyboard with the aim of meeting my mid year deadline for my new book to be released next year! Yay!). Thanks Holly for giving us your everything in this book... I know it will be a success....

P.s Talking of inspirational gals - I did have the pleasure of meeting another one on my trip to Europe over Christmas. You will all know the divine Carla Coulson through her beautiful photography and blog - carla loves photography... I have been a big fan of Carla's for the longest time (since her book Italian Joy made me want to ditch my day job and head to Florence for a life of love and coffee!). Perusing her site one day, I found that Carla photographs portraiture - and as the family and I were heading to Paris I thought I'd book her in for a day to photograph a series of family portraits as a mark of our journey together... Sooooo excited!!!! Over on Carla's blog today you can see a couple of the images from our portrait session - moody, black and whites with the oh so beautiful Paris as our background!!! Thanks Carla for your beautiful images - you are simply a star - and a gorgeous girl too...

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Shannon,
I popped over from Carla's divine blog after ohhing and ahhing over your family's portraits. They are marvelous and aren't you the lucky girl to have Carla as the photographer. I met Carla this last janvier in Paris and enjoyed her so much. I fell in love with her work through Vicki Archer's books and of course Paris Tango.

I will be back here often.
V

jen@bluecaravan said...

The portraits are, of course, beautiful!

Lizeylou said...

I cant wait to get my hands on a copy of this book - am sure my heart will melt with every page!!