Tuesday 8 February 2011

On The Floor...



I did promise you all (so long ago now!) that I would share my new design addition once it arrived onto our shores and onto my floor... And so, voila - here it is! A quick (and little messy!!) snap of my beautiful, lush and overtly decorative floor rug... Nothing rounds out a space quite like a gorgeous rug, however finding just the right one can mean a bit of a hunt... I was looking for a rug for our lounge room for 3 years before I came across this one from Mokum... Of course, it was love at first sight as the colour way is a perfect fit for my palette... This rug goes so beautifully with my peacock green velvet sofas... And it fits in just fine with this newer, more contemporary sofa that is hubby's contribution to the space... Not bad huh? Hubby has never really one to contribute to the home on a design level - which is understandable given that his wife is rather a control freak in this department. However, when this sofa turned up on the farm (after being moved on from his office in Sydney) we decided to give it a turn in the house... Whilst I'm not a big fan of the colour donkey (!) - I have to say that this blends in just fine - and yes, it is the most comfortable sofa on which I have ever sat... And so, big tick for hubby - all these years of being bombarded with decorating and design must have rubbed off... And, a big tick to Mokum, for designing such pure heaven on the floor...

14 comments:

Kathleen said...

its stunning shannon and spookily like a piece of vintage fabric i saw in vinnies...barkcloth or waffle cloth i think it was. let me know if you would like me to get it for you..would make a great throw and i think you said your sister or sil sews?

i would love to see this rug against the peacock green though...but i might have a heart attack at too much beauty!

Jennifer, Decorum said...

It looks great Shannon. I love the rugs Mokum have come out with so different from anything else on the market.

Jennifer xx

Nadine said...

Perfect match! Yay!!! Well done, love it:)

Nadine said...

Perfect match! Yay!!! Well done, love it:)

Porchlight Interiors said...

Looks gorgeous - fits in perfectly with the other colours in the room! Tracey xx

Jasmin said...

Hello, I have rug envy, it's really beautiful such a perfect colour match! Well done, Jasmin xx

FABRICOTTI notperfectbutnice said...

Love the rug, love the sofa,love the coffee table and the wall paper. But above all love the vase on the table! Where did you get that from? have a great day xxIris.

Michelle said...

That would have to be the prettiest rug I've seen . Love your whole room actually , thanks for sharing.

Jane @ the girl in the brick house said...

The rug is divine - love the colours which so suit your room.

Ness Lockyer said...

It looks beautiful, gorgeous, sumptuous and lush Shannon. Well picked.
Ness xx

whereorwhat said...

Hi! I just found your blog and i Like all your posts.

I picked you a pic , I will include it in a future post on my blog about painted floors.

Check out my blog from spain =)
http://whereorwhat.blogspot.com/

Treadgold said...

One of my favourite colours...and love your george nelson pendants too...I am on the hunt for these! Have found replicas in an online store so might give them a go.

Unknown said...

The rug is divine and picks up all the other accents in the room beautifully. I'm new to your blog :) and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful pattern and colors! Love it!