Thursday 3 February 2011

Bountiful Booty...










Being an aesthetically minded type, I find the loveliest thing about traveling is coming across other aesthetically minded types who are doing beautiful things in weird and wonderful ways... Isn't it just such a prize to see bountiful amounts of booty tinged with incredible beauty whilst you have the time to cruise and peruse?... Well, that's exactly what I found at Bountiful - this gorgeous, vintage inspired brick-a-brack-ish store in Santa Monica, LA... I do have to say that I have come rather late to the Bountiful party - what with the store being open for about 18 years! However, nonetheless, such a find, if one has never found it before, is in a sense, new! Make sense? Thank you, thank you to the gorgeous Jacqueline for introducing me to Bountiful (and a whole other decorative side to LA that I wasn't sure existed)... Being a lover of cake stands from way back, I was in awe of a store that sold predominantly... cake stands... Only in America! And as is the case with Bountiful, bowls and bowls of matches and shells of all shapes and sizes and designs... Not to sell the place short as if you take a peek out the back, and up the stairs, you will find a beautifully edited array of vintage everything, from quilts, blankets, tea towels, chairs and other bits and bobs... I was so inspired by Bountiful that I even contemplated such a cake stand store for Bangalow? Ah, imagine the beauty... And the bounty...

13 comments:

SUNDAY COLLECTOR said...

That is totally new to me - and WOW, what a gorgeous looking store. I want to go there!! America sure knows how to do it...thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

oh- what a wonderful store. i just broke my beautiful cake stand i bought in holland recently, so yes please a cake stand store in bangalow...

Snippets/Sarah said...

I wonder if Houston has something like that store! I haven't lived here long but I am trying to push myself to get out there! I also LOVE cake stands and always have our birthday cakes on something fun. Your blog looks delightful and I am off to explore here more!

Michelle said...

Very neat! I'm afraid I would sneeze and bring them all crashing down! :)

che carina! said...

look at all those beautiful bell jars too..i die!!!

having something like that here in australia would be awesome.

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely store! It's the kind where you can't leave without buying. Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

Tiff said...

That looks like my idea of heaven. Does it get any better than that? Wish I'd known about that shop when I was there! Happy travels! X

lisaroy said...

what an incredible store! I could easily spend hours in there exploring every nook and cranny :)

candyheartshome said...

Love it - only in LA!

beachvintage.com said...

This is stunning, would not have been able to leave it!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I totally love it...I want to go there immediately but it is a little too far...I wish I had known about it all those previous visits.
Thanks for sharing
Janina
Piccadilly Market

Vintage Home said...

ahhh.yes a beautiful store...we took the kids to disneyland a four years ago...and this was the only other predetermined destination (except Pasadena Flea Market!)...it does not disappoint!...they didn't have the cake stands then but wow I just loved it!
Thanks for giving me an update!

Sue in Canada said...

Oh My!!! I would be lost forever in there! Such a beautiful store! TFS!