Wednesday 23 February 2011

Are You Living Your Bliss...



I can't finish the day without sending thoughts and prayers to the people of Christchurch - who are presenting enduring the wrath of a devastating earthquake - one which has left buildings reduced to rubble and loved ones dead... I'm not sure what's going on in the world right now - we seem to be enduring one natural disaster after another - with no end sight... It is a sobering reminder that we walk a tenuous line, in this life we lead and on this earth we inhabit... Every day is a gift - and every breath that we take is an honour. As I sit here watching buildings reduced to rubble and people in despair - I'm reminded to be grateful for the beauty around me... My children, my husband, my family and my life... And thankful for every hour that I get to spend with them doing the things that I love the most... At the end of it all, if we can spend even a minute of the day doing something that we love - then that it a minute of bliss... And we all deserve a minute of bliss - particularly in days like these.... Are you living your bliss?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful and true! It's nice to be reminded of this when so many of the decor images we often see are pristine. Lived in is so much more comfortable/cozy/happy feeling and looking!

xo Mary Jo

Karyn said...

Beautifully thought & written.
Karyn x

kimberly said...

I definitely am, but it is an incredible reminder of how blessed we are to be able to do so, isn't it? My heart aches for those affected and it helps me to remember every day to be thankful for the blessings that I have today.
xx

Joanna said...

thank you Shannon for your lovely words and genuine compassion.
Joanna, Auckland, New Zealand

Garden Forum said...

I love the design! I really love to see beautiful decorations! Thanks for sharing.

Millie said...

A beautiful & thought provoking post Shannon - thank you.
Millie x

kristin said...

So beautifully written Shannon!

Kristin said...

So beautifully written Shannon!

Virginia said...

What a lovely post. To answer, yes I am living my bliss. As long as my camera is in my hand and I can get back to Paris for more photographs, I most certainly am. Thank you for your gentle reminder for us all to appreciate what we have.
V