Thursday 4 June 2009

Trasierra Time....






What a wonderful treat it was to spend three whole nights at Charlotte Scott's beautiful small hotel, Trasierra in Andalucia, Spain. I've been in love with this hotel since I saw the article in Domino magazine a while ago - and was determined to get there to see it for myself. And so, mum and I hopped in the car and made our way from Seville, through the beautiful countryside and national park to this special place. Trasierra is everything that I hoped it would be - a calm and relaxed oasis. Lovingly restored by Charlotte over a 30 year period, put simply Trasierra is just gorgeous. Every room is decorated in its own unique style as are the main breakfast rooms, sitting rooms and pool area. My favourite would have to be the courtyards though - so pretty and rustic with the soft blue, white and earthy terracotta colour scheme. Most of all however, the food was just divine - and mum and I managed to stuff ourselves silly. All in all, I think that Trasierra was a highlight of the trip. Hopefully one day I'll make it back for a few more days of Spanish heaven...

p.s I'm sorry that I only have pics of the exteriors to show you - my camera had run out of steam by this stage of the trip! You can go to the Trasierra website for more www.trasierra.co.uk

9 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

I am in love with that blue door.

Sophie said...

Now I'm really jealous! You're living my dream

vicki archer said...

Looks wonderful Shannon - love that colour blue in the garden, xv.

Max Kater said...

Hola Chica! Q'Tal?

I've been meaning to comment since that gob-smackingly delicious story about your place for InSide Out magazine. You made this dedicated city girl (almost) want to move to the country! Amazing.

Congratulations on the Book, the Blog and the Beautiful Life. Your readers should know you are one of the few people who are even nicer and more gorgeous in person than you are in print!

Come for lunch next time you're in the smoke. Your Sydney friends miss you madly...I want to show you my new Thonet chairs.


xox, maxK (your eternal Style Stalker)

Porchlight Interiors said...

It all looks so beautiful Shannon! I really love the spanish style of decorating and architecture! Tracey xx

Unknown said...

It look stunning! Thanks for sharing the little photos you had.

Unknown said...

I love European style villas. Thanks for sharing!

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

france and spain, my two favourite countries....throw in greece and we have a trifecta! gorgeous, glorious images that are making me ache to be back there again. thanks for your posts, it's great to live vicariously for awhile. x

Anonymous said...

I thought your name was familiar to me... I have your book "Sense of style - Colour", one of my fave! Lovely to drop by your blog and be further inspired :)