Wednesday 10 June 2009

Home Again....


Ah to be home! Well, I have to admit that I have been home for a little while now - settling back in to life on the farm after my European jaunt! Although flanked by jetlag for a week, a cold and the craziest hurricane conditions - it is good to be home. The kids were delighted to see me as was Isobel our whoolly Spoodle. And so I've spent the last couple of weeks ploughing through my pile of paperwork and reconnecting with all of the chores that make up my life.
Thank you so much to everyone who has followed me on my travels - it was lovely to have you all along for the ride.
After almost six weeks away, I'm still not quite sure what it means to be 40 (!) - maybe the point of it all is that I simply don't need to know. Six weeks travelling has reminded me of the beauty of living in the moment and taking each day as it comes. And to be excited about not knowing what lies ahead.
sx

10 comments:

vicki archer said...

Exactly Shannon. Age is really something worth celebrating. I am so glad you had a wonderful time on your travels and I have enjoyed all your posts about them...thank you, xv

beachvintage.com said...

Welcome home. Love this picture.

Ness Lockyer said...

Welcome back Shannon. It was so lovely to read about your travels while you were away and I am glad that you had time on your own to reflect.
Ness xx

Kellie Collis said...

Welcome back! Your photos were fabulous!

Sharnel said...

Welcome home Shannon. Loved tagging along on your holiday!

Graça Paz said...

Congratulation ,and to be fourty is for me the best part of my life in many senses,securatity,emotional securaty,i´m more myself...and so many other things!Love your blog
From Portugal

Graça Paz

mimi charmante said...

I am already planning my 40th trip to France and you, my dear, are my inspiration! I have so enjoyed traveling along with you and hope that you found what you were looking for along the way. It sounds like you did~
xo

lorraine said...

what a great trip..good on you Shannon..life is all about making wonderful memories

Viera said...

Shannon, welcome home. What a wonderful time and memories.
XX
V

Nadine said...

here, here shannon