Monday 16 March 2009

Things I Love....


I'm not sure if it's the Portugese blood in me - or simply a love of colour - but when it comes to decorative tile work - you'll find me salivating. I dream of having a large and stately entrance in my home one day, decorated with colourful floor tiles like these. Don't these make you want to dance!


I'm sure that you know how much I love flowers - particularly when they are snipped from the garden. When there are no flowers to snip - then I go for a bush cutting instead - sometimes natives, sometimes gardenias or even an agave in a bowl makes for a lovely arrangement.


I love that every morning - when I'm making my way down from the farm to my favourite coffee nook in Byron Bay - I pass a multitude of bike riders (mostly girls in gorgeous floaty dresses) on their way to work in town. Part of me wishes that I lived in town too so that I can get around on my bike. How free - and earth happy would you be...


Blue and green - now they are the colours for me. They make me feel so happy, so alive. This green is just the bee's knee's don;t you think?


All pics from toast (of course!)....

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Bike-riding is always so much better when OTHER people are pedalling. I do rather love the tiles though - they could also be fabulous in a huge eat-in kitchen.

Gabrielle said...

beautiful thoughts.
I love Byron Bay i need to make a note to myself to go up and visit soon

xfrom
summerpicnicwedding.blogspot.com/

Marina Go said...

Shannon,

We love similar things. How are you?

I found you via that savvy girl Alex Brooks.

I can't believe you're turning 40 already. Trust me, 40 is just the beginning of a new lease on life...

Marina x

Viera said...

I love majolica tiles as well. If interested http://www.lacole.it/gallery_eng/p_maioliche.html
is an Italian company which supplies very pretty one.
Have a great week!
XX
Viera

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Shannon, you have such a way with words! I *LOVE* your loves. And that blue/green? I can't get enough of it...I have big plans for that color this year. :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Marina! And LexyB! This is like old times...
I had a comment from Lou the other day....
It's lovely to hear from you all...
sx

Ness Lockyer said...

Those tiles are just love! I really hope to be one of those girls that pedal to work in their floaty dresses if this shop of mine ever gets going!!
Ness xx

Anonymous said...

I love the tiles Shannon - and the flower filled vase - and the green! Gorgeous
Karen

Michelle said...

Green for me too please...

Home By Virginia said...

Beautiful Pics you are showing on your blog... :) Lovely inspiration... :)

Oliveaux said...

Beautiful images and thoughts. It does not get much better than blue and green. Amanda x

Stella said...

I love the same things as you too - particularly the love of bike riding. It's almost impossible to bike ride where I live, but I dream of doing it too

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the love of blue & green - they're just so calming & relaxing :)

Anonymous said...

I love the green too Shannon, it's so intense and bright. I'm thinking of painting my entrance area in this colour. I think that it will make me happy every time I walk in the door.

Graça Paz said...

Portuguese blod??´m curious ...from what part o Portugal?

Shannon Fricke said...

Hi Graca Paz,
My ancestors come from the island of Graciosa - a place that I've heard a lot about but never been to. A few years ago hubby and I took a trip to Portual - Lisbon, Oporto, Evora and all around the which I absolutely adored. I'd love to go back sometime - I felt like it was home.
sx