Friday 6 March 2009

Friends and Flowers....


It was so lovely to have a couple of girlfriends up to the farm for lunch the other day - on a work day, no less!!! I'm not normally one for resolutions - however this year I decided to take some time out of my busy working week for the occasional girly lunch. Nothing grandiose, just a simple ploughmans spread - prosciutto, bangalow ham, olives of all kinds, fetta stuffed bell peppers, cheeses, salad and a crusty french baguette from the local french patisserie. To finish off we indulged in a lovely apricot flan and a cup of tea. The table was decorated very simply - with this lovely floral arrangement as the focus.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you serve the butter cake with passionfruit icing?

Shannon Fricke said...

Oooh, butter cake - steaming from the oven - I can feel some coming on now!
sx

Anonymous said...

What a delightful way to spend a week day afternoon. Bet you had fun!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Happy weekend. xx

Porchlight Interiors said...

What a perfect combination good food and good friends make! Tracey xx

lily-g said...

Sounds so nice and the flowers look amazing.

mondocherry said...

Ploughman's lunches are my favourite - must be the English blood in me! The table arrangement looks beautiful.
Clare

paper aeroplane said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Pretty flowers, great company, fine food, finished off with tea. Aah, bliss ;) Shanyn

vicki archer said...

Pretty flowers Shannon, xv.

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog!
Dee :)
xo

oldflowers4me said...

i so love what you have done with the tree branch's and the gladies-it just looks divine-and i love cake-

Sharnel said...

Sounds like perfectly civilized day to me.
Hope you had a wonderful lunch.
xox

Shannon Fricke said...

I'm glad you like the tree branch OF4M - just a little thing I picked up out of the garden (dead on the ground!) - I think it looks so lovely here nestled in next to my William White mirror and decorated with little felted Steiner babies! I do love a glady too - these ones are hot pink and pale purple - such a lovely colour combination.
sx

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Sounds like my kind of day. I've vowed to take more "time outs" this year as well. Such a lovely setting...I bet you have no problem coaxing friends to visit you at the farm. :) The flower arrangement is beautiful.

Maria Killam said...

That arrangement with the twigs in it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely arrangement - I love the twigs & beautiful blooms :)

Stella said...

Beautiful flowers - they look like they've just been picked fresh from the garden