Wednesday 18 February 2009

Colour And Majesty...



Oh, I just love that colour is coming back into style again - particularly when it's used with dramatic effect - as it is here on this lovely hotel in Valencia Spain. The Hotel Ferrero is owned by Spanish tennis champ Juan Carlos Ferrero and his winning formula translates beautifully to this majestic building. The tone of mauve on the exterior is subtle, pure but still striking enough to make an impact. Don't you think it would work beautifully on the exterior of an old weatherboard?
This pic is from the latest issue of Gourmet Traveller mag...

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

that is an incredible shade for the outside...so calming

Lin said...

Hi Shannon! I just got your book "Sense of Colour" yesterday! I couldn't wait to read it and I must say I was not disappointed. Lovely images and great explanation and examples of colour which will greatly help me with my interior decorating studies Don't think I could tire of looking at this one!
Cheers.

Unknown said...

The minute I saw that picture pop up on my screen, I knew the colour would be your thing! And it's the blue of the pool that you like, too ... go on, admit it.

Millie said...

Yes Shannon, I agree that it's great to see gorgeous colour like this adding such warmth & style to such a glorious building.
Millie ^_^