Wednesday 21 May 2008

Akira For Designer Rugs

For those of you who know your Australian fashion then you will have already been introduced to the beauty of Akira Isogawa's work. Everybody else will be in for a treat when they click here
For interior design buffs, Akira, in conjunction with Designer Rugs, has created the most sublime collection of floor rugs. It's so exciting to see Akira's beautiful work translated into the home environment - his rugs are richly patterned using the colours and motifs of Japanese kimono's - and just make my heart skip a beat whenever I lay my eyes on them. Although, I may have to wait until my next life to actually live with one! Nonetheless, love, love, love... 





2 comments:

JK said...

They are amazing!! I am bidding on ebay for some vintage fabric that looks a lot like the first rug. Maybe if I lie it out on the floor I can sqint and pretend I own an Isogawa!

Shannon Fricke said...

Now that's an idea Jenny! I'll give that try.
Sx
p.s good luck with the bidding...