Tuesday 1 November 2011

Where Are They Now...








Hello all,
I hope you had a lovely, and messy weekend (!) and managed to kick off your shoes and enjoy the days... Hubby and I had a day to ourselves which is a rarity up here at the farm - and so we spent it hanging around the pool enjoying the sunshine and the rolling green hills trying to ignore the overgrown garden!

I thought I'd share a little inspiration with you today... I received a lovely email from Vanessa Kidwell last week. Vanessa attended my very first How To Decorate Workshop up here at The Little Cottage in Bangalow last year with the aim of - not only having a hoot of a time - but also exploring a more creative life. Perhaps, eventually, Vanessa thought she may open her very own store filled with gorgeous homely goodies and the workshop was, kind of, a first step for her... Like so many of us know - wanting to do something brave and actually making it happen are two completely different things. Putting your creative self out there for the world to see and taking the creative leap is daunting... Well, I'm very excited and proud to say that Vanessa has done it - creating her own store called livedincoogee in the seaside Sydney suburb of Coogee... Of course, I love that Vanessa found the workshop gave her just the kickstart that she needed to take her leap of faith - now she is actually doing something that she's been dreaming of doing for years... I just love stories like these ones because - at the end of the day helping people connect with their creative self is what the workshops are all about... 
Here's some pics of Vanessa's beautiful store for you to check out - I love the tiled exterior and the old floorboards Vanessa (not to mention your lovely homewares) - and you can go to her online store as well, to check out her goodies...
Congratulations Vanessa and thank you for sending me your lovely email... It's made my week...
sx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The store looks fantastic. Congratulations Vanessa and congratulations Shannon.
The workshop does give you inspiration, but also that little push along you need to more along with your passion.
Giulia and I are growing in confidence since attending your workshop and so is our little business.

Thanks Shannon, we both hope to attend the Colour workshop next year.

Toni and Giulia.

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

That's so fantastic! Vanessa is such a sweetheart, and her store was the first in Sydney to stock my paintings, so I'm really pleased to learn that she was inspired to follow her creative dream. I loved the workshop I did earlier this year, so it's no surprise to me that you gave her the confidence to give it a go. Congratulations...both of you! K xx

beachcomber said...

i've done a post on vanessa's shop..one of my favourite places to visit!
x

LivedIn Coogee said...

Thank you so much Shannon! Vx

Jossie loves said...

My fav store in Sydney. It's so divine as is Vanessa!!!!

sell wow account said...

that is so lovely :)

Carla said...

HI Shannon, wow what a wonderful story. I love it when people realise their dreams. Nice you had some special time with Michael. Carla xx

Yer Cinnamon Girl said...

Awesome! Congratulations Vanessa!