Saturday 31 October 2009

Strangetrader and an Amalfi or Two...






Now I know that I keep harping on about how divine this time of year is in my neck of the woods - what with the water being warm and crystal clear and the days being long and all - but I really do just love the summer in particular because I get to crawl out of my night time hibernation and go out on the town! And last night marked my first official summery night out.

Of course, I had to celebrate - and so headed down to St Elmo's in downtown Byron Bay for a couple of Amalfi's - an orangey cocktail, filled with campari, a squeeze of lime and a few other goodies - and a chat with the girls. One of those girls happened to be Andrea Duff from Strangetrader - the wonderfully eclectic homewares/textiles/jewellery store that's taking Byron by storm - and I spent a couple of hours hearing about her travels through Italy, France and Turkey where she went in search of the beautiful things that are now gracing the shelves in her lovely store.

So taken was I that I headed to their website this morning for another Strangetrader 'hit' - and I found these snaps. Ah, how lovely to have an Amalfi on the Amalfi! But that will have to wait for another life time. In the meantime, I'll be living vicariously through Andrea...
Enjoy!

2 comments:

the old boathouse said...

Hi, What a great mix they have will have to check them out, cheers Katherine

vicki archer said...

An Amalfi on the Amalfi...love that idea, xv.