Tuesday 13 October 2009

Is Yellow The New Black?





I was first introduced to the virtues of yellow by my mother - who has been singing it's praises for years now. I admit, that at first I wasn't convinced. It was just too sunny a disposition to really strike a deep and long lasting chord with me. That was, until recently when I was asked to use it in the home of a client. Although at first, it was a little tricky to get my head around - within a few weeks I was well and truly hooked. Of course, it's all about choosing the 'right' shade of yellow - nothing too soft and sweet - and nothing too bright and bubbly. Like the yellow used in this lovely house. Don't you think it's just a perfect shade? And just the right amount. A touch of yellow, if you like. Yes, I love it!

pics from Country Living

7 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

It is perfect and not to overwhelming. I love the yellow windows best.

peoplecrush.blogspot.com said...

I've seen yellow done beautifully. Especially as an accent among a room of gray, black and white.

{Tara} said...

I'm not usually a yellow-lover, but these little pops really work...and you just can't help but smile!

Interior Fashionista said...

I just recently started to really like pops of color in design and it all started with yellow mixed with gray. Thanks for the pics!

Brown Button Trading said...

Oh mum is totally the same! And I hate to admit to her, but I agree with her now - took me a while to come around too! x

Rebecca said...

LOVE love love yellow!
i've had a little red vein running through the house for the last year : and have decided yellow shall be the new colour!
so fresh!

drey said...

big fan of yellow. (converted about 2 years ago) love these images :)