Monday 3 August 2009

My Guy....


I don't normally post pics of my kids on this blog but I just had to share this one with you all because I'm just so proud of my little Joe. Here we are, in the middle of a Byron Bay winter, and he's out in the surf riding the waves. Joe's only just taken up surfing and already he's standing up on his board like a pro! Would you believe that the day this photo was taken, he was surfing with a pod of dolphins - who were swimming through the waves only a few metres from his board. He's loving it so much, that he's even inspired me to give it a go! Roll on summer...

13 comments:

belinda said...

hey joe go for it - you look so cool!

orange sugar home said...

fabulous photo. you should be proud!!

vicki archer said...

He is adorable and looks like a natural on the board....xv

beachvintage.com said...

Looks like he has the surfing gift. Good balance, a good eye for a wave, swimming with dolphins...what more could you ask as a young boy?

Unknown said...

Where's the pic of you surfing!!!

Barb Fisher said...

So jealous! I'm stuck down here enduring a cold Canberra winter and Joe is learning to surf with dolphins! Not fair!

On another note, I just received my copy of Inside Out in the mail. As soon as I saw the cover, I knew it was your work! Gorgeous.

Damn, when do I get to move to Byron Bay? :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for your note. I haven't seen Inside Out yet - am dying to see how it all looks. Glad you like it.
sx

Carla said...

HI Shannon, Joe rocks! I remember going to surfing school when I was young and there is no feeling like having a wave underneath you. Like riding life itself. I understand Joe. lovely photo. Thanks Carla x

i wanna live healthy said...

ha..ha.. cool.
i like it well

TV Stand said...

Very good form too! Guess he has been practicing.

Carrie Young said...

oh Shannon, you will love it!
I took lessons this year (at 32) & now have my own board - so.much.fun! Great fitness too! :D

Jan Maree said...

Fabulous pic ~ what a great experience for your son.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oooh, we just came back from surf school in Morocco (we live in Marrakech) and our little kids are also surfing like little pros.

PS love the new house you designed - beautiful!