Thursday 25 November 2010

Progress?...



I thought you might like to see that some progress is being made on the pool front - albeit at a snails pace - but good things take time - or so they say!!!
I'd like to introduce you to my stone pool cabana - the love of my life at this point in time... Don't you just love all things stone - particularly when those stones have been painstakingly placed by old-fashioned artisans into streamlined shapes and turned into lovely things like this... I have loved watching the stone masons creating this monolithic structure in my back garden - it feels so antiquated, so grounded and so forever to have such a beautiful thing at the doorstep... They are true artisans these blokes and I have such respect for their craft... I think this cabana is turning out quite well and it has inspired me to infuse a little more stonewalling into our garden... To finish off this space, we'll be building a pergola over the top - upon which I'm hoping to swathe a lovely flowering vine. Divine...What do you think?

8 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

It looks like it is coming together, Shannon! The view from beyond the pool is gorgeous, too!

Dufvans interiƶr said...

I am not offen envious, but when I see this at the same time when the snow is falling and its soooo cold
outsaid yoa are killing me :(

I liiiiike
Dufvans antique & design shabby chic in Sweden

Beck Williamson said...

That is one fabulous location, Bangalow hills isn't it. Good to hear you're resurrecting an age old craft of stonewalling.

JOE. D said...

Love the stonewall. Great it's coming along. Bet you wish you were splashing right now huh!

I also love that you went with the full steps along the pool edge. I was 'pressured' into not having it (as the costs just kept going up and up) but so wish I had held firm. A great spot to sit and watch the kids play!!

Sharnel said...

Divine yes! You can already see how gorgeous it's going to me.
How fortunate to be able to have these men build something for you.
Gorgeous!
x

Habitat Home Collection said...

Its looking great. Loving the stone pool cabana and the view from the pool - beautiful! Your pool is going at a rapid pace compared to mine...one year one and the renovation is still going. Not hopeful you will be in before xmas though x

Carolyn said...

Shannon, this is going to be so beautiful, I hope this is the view from the house, devine.

beachvintage.com said...

All those little stones to create something so wonderful. I can see it now!