Tuesday 27 March 2012

A Martha Moment In Pink...


So you know that I'm heading to see Martha live next week! Yes, I'm going to be a part of the studio audience (along with four other gorgeous gal pals) and I'm just so excited. I've been a fan of Martha since forever - how couldn't you be, I say... Even if you're not into her style or approach to things - it's simply extraordinary what the lady has achieved in one lifetime... Getting things done in this world isn't easy, and she's someone who has managed to make things happen, and shape our aesthetic vernacular in a way that few people can... And, the fact that she's helped to bring craft back into the arena, not only as a very satisfying way to spend ones time, but also as a way of making a living is a gigantic feat... And so for that, I tip my hat...
We've been instructed to wear some spring colours to the taping - no mutes and no busy patterns, which has been tricky for me cause I love my muted tones... Never one to shy away from a challenge though, I headed out to J Crew and got myself some colour - yes, a fluoro pink sweater and peep toe pumps! Too much, you think? Well, one things for sure, I wont be missed!

2 comments:

Scandi Coast Home Australia said...

Wow! That's one feisty spring outfit.
Keeping the pants plain are we? ;o)
Have fun and tell us all about it......please?
Tania Maree xx

Paula said...

Gorgeous colours! I usually steer clear of bright colours, but I have to say that with the sun shining high in the sky and a smile on my face, hot pinks and reds are really calling to me now! Have a great time on Martha!