Saturday 28 November 2009

Tile Love...




I am a dedicated lover of decorative tile work - and am particularly drawn to the Spanish and Moorish kind. Those tiles that form repetitive patterning and tell a story of culture and history. Decorative tiles are a lovely way to add decoration into the architecture of a home - it's like having artwork woven into the fabric of the house itself. It's rare in Australia to find this kind of decoration in a home - that's why when I head to places like Spain, I revel in the beauty of it all. These pics are from my file and were taken in my hotel in beautiful Sevillia - one of the most gorgeous places on earth...

5 comments:

Anna White said...

Shannon these are beautiful..being of Portuguese background and having travelled to Madeira
( island off Portugal ) this was a very common site around the Island. There is a website called Sintra Designs....have some beautiful tiles featured on there.
http://www.sintraantiquetiles.com

I will be posting a special feature on Portuguese tiles soon..hope you can visit :) Anna x

Marina Mott said...

I love it too! It's wonderful!!

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

Gorgeous! I came across this website recently and have fallen deeply in love:

http://www.stiltje.se/golv.asp

Thought you may enjoy a peek too.

beachvintage.com said...

The work that goes into this is amazing.

Anonymous said...

hi! i live in Sevilla and when i saw this images i said that i couldn't believe this were true!!(excuse me for my grammar, i'm only a english studient!) VIRGINIA HOLMES