Saturday 19 September 2009

A Weekend Rummage....




Well, I've spent the morning rummaging through my office - in search of order and the kind of peace of mind that I feel only once I've sorted through all my paperwork (!) - and look at what I've uncovered! It seems like many moons ago now that I was approached by Ebay to put together this time capsule collection. Talk about fun! Ebay gave me a budget (of a few thousand dollars if memory serves) and a small chunk of time (maybe a month) and it was my job to construct a space that was bright, spunky and relevant to the home decor market at that moment which was taken with retro designs and colour ways. And to show that it was possible to design a home directly from Ebay which at that time was still in its infancy in Australia. And this is what I put together! We transformed a studio space into two rooms - dining and lounge (pics to come)- and then invited the media along to showcase our hard work. The result was a great event that generated loads of coverage for Ebay and allowed me to indulge in what I love to do the most - styling beautiful spaces! I was very excited when Ebay flew me to New York the very next year to see what the American designers could come up with. What a treat! Geez, those were the days!

2 comments:

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

I remember seeing this on the Lifestyle Channel, maybe on Home? I felt very inspired and have been a happy Ebay-er every since. So great job Shannon, you obviously hit the intended mark.

Anonymous said...

I went to this event and was only just thinking about it. My partner and I won the gold retro lamp in the lounge setting! Which we later sold on ebay... loved what you did with it all. They were the days seems like a world away. As we too have had a lifestyle change by heading north after over a decade in Sydney.