Friday 17 February 2012

A Moment In Pink...






I'm having a pink moment - that's for sure... There's something so embracing about pink - particularly the soft, muted, slightly dusty version. It has a nurturing, understanding nature - don't you find? It's open minded, it says come on in, kick off your shoes, relax... It's funny how different ages and stages in our lives are marked by different colours... My early years, those when I was feisty, ambitious and ready to take on the world were my red and orange years. These colours are known well to give you a kick just when you need it... Those of you who have been following my blog for a while will know that the past 6 or so years of my life have been defined by blue and green - the desire to stop, be calm and breathe... Bringing up small children, maintaining a business and upkeeping a farm can demand that your surroundings offer a place where you can rest and retreat... A place to prepare you for getting back out amongst it all... But now, well pink seems to be looming on the horizon... What can that mean? The world is changing, that's for sure - as a collective we've spent the past decade or so advancing... Moving forward... Doing, doing, doing... Achieving, achieving, achieving... However lately, things are getting a little tougher out there. We're battling a global financial crisis. Tragedy through floods and earthquakes. Old ways and habits are being thrown up for questioning... We are reinventing... We are preparing for a new world... Perhaps pink is the colour within which to reflect... To take stock... To stoke the creative fire... To reinvent... To inspire... If ones life is measured in colour - then yes, I can see a pink stage coming on... And what a relief that is, I say... For now is the time to stop... To go in... To rekindle... Bring on a flush a pink - I'm ready to be inspired...

10 comments:

Scandi Coast Home Australia said...

Lovely images...and sentiments...
I must be at my blue and green stage (the one you described). I'm obsessed...!!!
....................................
Tania Maree xx

Karena said...

Shannon that House Beautiful image is just luscious!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Your post just arrived as I'm taking a break from working on some new paintings...all of which feature pink rather heavily! Like you, blues and greens have been the focus for the past few years, but it seems that now, pink is the new blue. Here's to the new muse. K xx

ellie said...

I love this post. Oh yes to dusty muted pink. I've been feeling it lately too. Paired with dull deep teal blues.
Thanks for the good words - they rang true with me today. And those lovely images as well, always always so inspiring here in your little space.
PS - wanting to visit your Little Cottage for an overnight stay, is that still possible?
Enjoy your rosy dusty pink weekend.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful picture you paint, Shannon, especially with my favourite soft, muted, dusty pink. I wonder if people around the world will become subconciously drawn to such a protective colour.

Gosia said...

Let's rekindle together. Lovely thoughts, timely sentiments, wise words, beautifully uttered. Thank you for the insights, as I feel, I already am in the pink phase.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog:)Great pics and so much inspiration...I wish you a lovely weekend.
LOVE Maria at inredningsvis

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog:) Great pics and som much inspration...I wish you a lovely week
LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Garage Girl said...

My sentiments exactly! Was browsing clothes racks today and decidedly drawn to the dusty pinks. Of course, colour therapists would say that choosing pink means we need some TLC - a little nurturing perhaps? I'm always conscious of that when a guest chooses the pink wine glass marker at my house (and watch out for the one who chooses red!). Love your blog.

monica said...

very nice blog. I really like it