Tuesday 27 January 2009

Strangetrader...



I'm always so inspired by the amazing people who live in  and around Byron Bay - and Andrea Duff and Robert Schwamberg from groovy interior's store 'Strangetrader' are no exception. When it comes to style pedigree you just don't get better than this - fashion stylist Andrea is an ex-fashion director at Instyle Magazine and Robert was a part of the duo (with ex-wife Terry) from Contemporary Hotels responsible for the creation of boutique hotels such as The Medusa, Kirketon Hotel and Rockridge in Palm Beach to name a few. Strangetrader is an eclectic collection of furnishings, homewares and jewellery unlike anything you've seen before - bold, colourful with a slight eccentricity. I just love these pics taken at the couple's home in the Byron Bay Hinterland - a perfect reflection of their aesthetic.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh, that porch, I love that light shade.
I can see myself sitting there..
jo

Anonymous said...

I love the Athenic-like chairs in the above pic! They have a real juxtraposed sturdy-delicateness about them. And the armchair, arabic light and throw in the bottom picture is worlds away from the moody cool chic-ness of the Kirkton. Keep the inspiration coming Shannon. EZ xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful house Shannon. Thanks so much for sharing - I wish I lived there!!!

lily-g said...

Love the verandah and the table setting and chairs, what a talented duo x

Pink Wallpaper said...

very chic interior...beautiful blog btw.

Michelle said...

Oh, perfect, colorful but not crazy, beautiful materials but not boring.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Yes, it makes me feel like moving to Byron. InStyle magazine is one of my favourites. I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Domino...

Brown Button Trading said...

Fabulous Shannon. Went to their website and they are 'curently collecting' but even the shot on their page had been hanging for more! Have a beautiful weekend x

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful - makes me want to relax! I have been looking for your books when I am at the book store...are they sold in the US?

Shannon Fricke said...

Hopefully they'll have their website up and running soon - in the meantime, if you want to get a dose of Strangetrader you'll have to book a weekend in Byron Bay!!!
Re my books Angela, sadly, they are not yet avail in the US except via Amazon.com. If you key in either 'sense of style' or 'shannonfricke' you should be able to source a couple there.
sx