Thursday, 11 December 2008

An Indigo Day....





You know how I'm just completely in love with blues and greens right now? Well, I'm just head over heels for indigo blue in particular - it's just so alive - so happy - so beautiful! I first fell in love with indigo a few years ago when I visited Shanghai and found the most beautiful store full of nankeen fabrics - traditional tie-dyed fabrics in various indigo and white patterns. Ever since then, every time my eyes rest on this lovely combination, I just swoon (crazy I know - but I'm sure you'll understand!). I just love the blues in these pics by the amazing Lisa Cohen. Hope they move you too!


4 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I too love indigo. I have a file folder on my laptop of lovely blue indigo images. Oh, I love it so.

Solomon said...

I live in Shanghai and am surrounded by it all the time, found a good source for it in the US...www.nankeenstyle.com, you should check it out.

coco+kelley said...

the blue in the second image is the shade i'm swooning for at the moment. rich and somewhat old-fashioned... it's just yummy! loving it!

lush said...

these images are beautiful. am headed to her site as i type this.